Wednesday, April 18, 2007

love

DH and I are in one of those phases where we don't see each other much at all. I am snoring when he gets home from work and he is snoring when I get up for work. I hate it that our lives have to be like that, but that is just the way it is. We started working different shifts when I went to work when the kids got in school so we could always have someone here when they needed us, and even when they think they don't. In another year or two it should be better because they will both be college age. We both have Sunday and Monday off but for the last 5 or 6 weeks his little old ladies have needed stuff done on his day off. I am so fortunate to have a husband that can and will help anyone and can build or fix anything, but sometimes I just need to have him to myself. I actually don't remember the last time we just had some "us" time together. Don't get me wrong, I see him on Tuesday and Thursday for an hour or so after I get off of work and before he leaves for work, but that isn't connecting. Being a man my DH has no idea what Connecting means. If it doesn't mean sex he doesn't quite get it, but thats ok too. I am really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. His little old ladies have lots of plans for him but he may not get all the messages (-;

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Katy, I just typed out a very long and rather humorous (if I do say so myself) comment and then, POOF, GONE! Basically, I told you I know where you're coming from because Bill and I had the same situation, until our last four years when we were on the same schedule. Which was HEAVEN. I'll have to leave the humor for the next time cause I don't remember it now, but I think it was pretty good--HAHAHA!