Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday SH had a few odd jobs to get finished so I tagged along with him. He had to put a new receptacle in the basement for one little old lady so she could walk on her treadmill. That kind of scares me because she is 86 and has tremors all the time and she lives alone. I would think a treadmill would not be the best idea, but I'm not her doctor.


She also wanted a gazebo type thing put up in her backyard. I'm glad she bought this because she was wanting SH to build one from scratch and attach it to her existing roof, which would have been a huge job. This one only took a couple of hours and it was nice when it was finished.


Today I am home alone. I think I have mentioned before I am not a big fan of alone, but for a little while it isn't bad.
I was sweeping the sidewalk today and noticed all of this black stuff on it. I had no idea what it was until I looked up over my head.


I guess worms that are eating all you leaves must leave a deposit below the tree. I hadn't noticed until now but this tree is completely infested with these things. This picture doesn't show it well but I am supposed to be cleaning, not taking pictures of worm poo. I also shouldn't be blogging, but I am.

The weather here is horrible. Temperature in the 90's, dewpoint in the upper 70's. I think we will end up with a storm tonight which is fine as long at it leaves my electric on.

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Hi Katy! I've missed you and as soon as I finish this comment, I'm actually going to go over to my own blog and do a post--do ya believe it? I'm not a fan of alone either, but that's pretty much the way I spent the whole weekend, after Saturday night. Yuck. BUT I did get a lot done and I'm very glad about that.

Okay, the little old lady with the tremors on the treadmill is a scary thought! I hope she has one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" necklaces! SH does great work; I like the gazebo!