Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January in all her finery

Friday morning when we woke up it was 6 degrees. We were at the hospital that morning and the car was covered in frost and the doors were frozen. Today it is 71 degrees and sunny outside. It isn't supposed to be this warm in January. I know it won't stay this warm but warmth brings out weird things. Those of you who read my blog last summer may remember this....
I walked out my door and this 10 foot long 5 foot long black snake was wrapped around my porch post. Today, in early JANUARY I saw what I am sure is this snakes brother up the road. DH saw it first and told me it was there striking at cars but by the time I went through it was squished by the edge of the road. That family does not stand a chance around here. I think they should all go south for the winter......and stay.

4 comments:

kimmy said...

I would DIE if I saw a snake that big in my backyard! All I see in my yard are deer and turkeys and so far they are harmless! YIKES!!!!

Kimmy

kim-d said...

Katy--Where are you? I miss you something awful! How is DD doing? Everything is okay there, I hope!!! IM me sometime, or something, okay?

Kellan said...

"That family does not stand a chance around here" - too funny!! Hope DD is okay!! Take care and watch your step. Kellan

kim-d said...

Okay, Katy, you seriously need to do a new blog post. Or at least get rid of that snake picture some other way....HA!