Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall back

Tonight we turn our clocks back one hour, resulting in an extra hour of sleep. This is sleep I desperately need. My cold is all but gone but my lungs or something else is locked up tight. I can walk the 30 feet from my recliner to the bathroom and be completely out of breath. I fall asleep but as soon as I do I get this strangled feeling and start coughing and can not quit until I have thrown up a couple of times. It is 1:30 in the morning and I have fallen asleep 3 times and had a coughing fit as soon as I fell asleep each time. Last night I coughed for 4 hours straight. I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion and slept a few hours. I'm hoping for the same luck tonight. I feel much better than I did a few days ago, other than the horrid coughing.
Tonight was the surprise birthday party for my mom. She had a few clues that something was up but wasn't quite sure what. In the end it all worked out and we all ate cake and ice cream and wished my mom a wonderful 70th birthday. I wish I was half as healthy as she is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the party went okay.

Now keep in mind, I'm not one for bossing people around, well except for my kids. But, damn it, if you still can't breathe, you better get your behind to the doctor. Don't you make me come out there and haul you off.

kim-d said...

Katy, Katy, Katy--thanks for giving me this over the Interlinks. Monk sounds like she means business.

kim-d said...

Katy--let me know what you find out at the doctor, would you? Since what we have seems so similar, I'll use whatever your doc says to help determine if I need to go...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting to a doctor. Keep us posted.