Friday, September 14, 2007

Grounded.......

Update: Thanks to Trina at http://jophiesjungle.blogspot.com/ for resizing my header for me!

First let me say to Kim that I took one of bloggers regular templates and made my own header, which isn't working as well as I would like. I can not seem to make it small enough to fit. I have never made one before so I wanted to try by starting pretty plain....now if I could just figure out how to shrink it.
Now to the subject at hand.....my bad behavior. I am grounded! I am grounding myself for the weekend. No computer time (no too harsh), No tv (well unless someone else turns it on), No shopping (unless DD has to go). I will find something I am grounded from eventually.(maybe I should ground myself from cleaning, or from using parenthesis)....that won't work either.
What is the reason for this grounding you ask? I have been lazy this week...heck even longer than that. I am not spending enough time doing things I need to be doing.....

Exhibit A - The skillet I cooked gravy in for lunch.....yesterday. Trust me it was much better then than it looks after sitting out for oh about 30 hours.




Exhibit B - The dresser (with a weird flash pattern on it) that is sitting in the entryway beside the front door, and has been for a week. This was in the room formerly known as the teenage boys room and needs a new place to be.....as soon as I find that place.


Exhibit C - The piles of video tapes in the family room that need put back in the entertainment center I moved to the living room. I even put some in a basket and started that way but DS popped up on messenger about then.




Exhibit D - Part of the 400 or so pictures from SH's parents that I need to copy and put on CD's for his 5 brothers and sisters. They are on the dining room table instead (and the floor).



Exhibit E - The tons of cookies and lunch cakes SH keeps bringing home because they are free at work. I don't like most of these things thank goodness but I am running out of cabinet space.....



Exhibit F - I spent half an hour playing with my camera in DD's bathroom mirror because if I needed one more excuse to keep from doing any of the above. I should have at least cleaned the stupid mirror.

8 comments:

Lanny said...

My first year teaching I had a student whose father worked for Nabisco. She brought me food all the time. I'm pretty certain I ended the school year a bigger size than I started!

You should see my "pile" in the kitchen. I have a kitchen aid box, a fire proof safe still in the box, and a stackable tote boxes. They've been there for a while. What's worse is I have some presents that I was supposed to give in MAY! ACK!

Cool mirror pic!

kim-d said...

Katy, is that YOU in the mirror? If so, you are cute as a button! Now, for sure I am never posting a pic of myself! This is so funny, but I just did not think you were blonde and, here you are, the Mom-version of DD. Who, as you well know, I think is adorable! Ya know what I thought of doing on my page? Finding a picture of oh, say, Christie Brinkley or Princess Grace in her young years and posting it for my pic...hehehe. Guess I wanted to be blonde, huh?

Anyway, I am sort of grounding myself this weekend, too. HAVE to get my house put back together. If you saw mine, you would feel really good about yours--Lanny, too!

And you two with your free donuts, cookies, snack cakes, etc.!!!! All I can say is...better both of you than me because I would eat them all and quickly become one of those people who can't get out of the bed and that they eventually have to take down walls to move! Have you tried those new Oreo Cakester things? Oh my gosh...

Anonymous said...

I've always had a problem figuring out how to size banners. (Don't tell any of the people who I maintain websites for about that one.)

Now as far as this grounding nonsense, I'm sorry but no way are you grounded with that computer one. Anyway, I say you were doing other important things - studying photography, studying working with graphics, going to a late night birthday party... Who has time for cleaning when you're busy with all that?

Ann Marie said...

My thought is you have no need to ground yourself.. looking at piles of stuff (trust me I have plenty of them myself) is diffinently punishment enough!!!

katy said...

Nabisco happens to be where most of this stuff comes from too.
Kim, I am not blond, I am brunette with highlights to cover the gray. Showing up. The only reason I put that picture up there was after trying different shots for 30 minutes I finally got one that looked decent enough and not like me at all that I felt like I could post it without being embarrassed.You can't see the many rolls and large hiney in the mirrors.

kim-d said...

Well, I don't care if you're not blonde only highlighted, have rolls and a jumbo hiney, I still think you are really cute! And I miss you. Are you still grounded? I'm working hard here, buut the more I do, the more of a mess I have. How does that work anyway? What I wouldn't give for an Oreo Cakester right now--extra-huge jumbo hiney be dammed! Did I already say I miss you?

OhTheJoys said...

Those exhibits are excellent!

Ann Marie said...

Dude wash that dirty gravy pan already.. if you don't I am going to come do it for you.. I am tired of looking at it. LOL