Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm in a better mood than I was last post ;-) Next week SH is on vacation and then in 9 days we leave for Amish country. 3 days of no phones and no little old women.
I have figured out that deer will take big risks for a few acorns. When I got home from work a few minutes ago and looked out my family room window this is what I saw. Yes that is an extension cord running across my window because SH was working on hooking up the tv and needed a light. Your eyes aren't crooked either, I was trying to be sneaky and somehow I had the camera crooked.


We have bunches of oak trees and tons of acorns. This gal was no more than 7 or 8 feet from the window and I had my camera against it here. It doesn't matter to her as long as I don't bother her acorns. My tv (and subwoofer) is right beside this window but she doesn't seem to care as long as there are ACORNS.
Right now they are both standing right outside the window with their white tailed butts almost up to the window. I'm thinking these two will probably end up on someones table soon. They are too caught up in what they are eating ( kind of like me with chocolate) to worry about the fact I could take them both out without much trouble. I probably wouldn't even need to drag out a gun, I could just do it with a ball bat, or sling shot......thank goodness I don't like deer meat.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend in KY, who had all her plants eaten by deer, says deer are like giant rodents. Personally I think deer are pretty. Now get me talking about pigeons & squirrels... that's another story.