Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy stuff



I love this award. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I need something warm, baby it's cold outside. Kim, over at lifeafter gave me this award along with a meme that will follow in a minute. Right now I just want to say that when I started this blog I never realized it would introduce me to so many new "buddies." I don't have a large readership, which is ok with me because I enjoy my little bloggy world, but the ones I read I really look forward to reading every day. Now on to the meme....

1. Do you have the same friends from childhood?

I have a couple of friends from childhood that I still talk to once in a while. It seems that most of us have families that keep us too busy to keep in touch. I have found that in the last few years I have become a little bit of a recluse. I guess that's probably not the right word because I don't stay home all the time, I just don't hang out with people other than my family much anymore. I had a great friend in school named Laura. She was one of my best friends from grade school on. We had planned all through our senior year a party after graduation. She and I were going out on the town after graduation and having the best night of our lives. A few weeks before graduation we realized that I was leaving for the beach right after the ceremony and her parents and boyfriend wanted to take her out to eat, so we put off our night out until the next weekend when I got home. As I was leaving graduation I gave her a big hug and said "I'll see you next weekend" and that was the last time I ever saw her. No tragedy, no arguments, we just got busy and never found the time to call each other. It's odd to me even today that I have no idea where she is or what she is doing.

2.What do you value most about your friends?

The thing I value most about friends would be the fact that I have a few friends that, even though I very seldom talk to them anymore, I know I could call tonight if I had a problem and they would listen and help if they could. I am pretty sure they know the same about me.

3. Are your friends you sounding board?

Not really anymore. SH hs to be the one listen to my problems and ideas. I'm sure he probably wishes I would hang with friends more.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?

Duh.....dinner and shopping!

Now the rules say I have to list 5 things under the following headers and pass this award on to 5 people.

10 years ago I was....... 1. Just getting into the habit of working again after taking off quite a few years while my children were young. 2. Still spending every spare second being a mother to my two children who were then 10 and 8, and a wife to my husband. 3. About 50 lbs lighter. 4. Spending some quality time with my grandmother, who never learned to drive. I would pick her up one afternoon every week and take her to the grade school my children attended so she could spend a few hours reading to the children. It was wonderful just riding in the car and talking to my grandma. 5. Watching the agony of my cousins children as they watched her die from breast cancer at the age of 38. She fought breast cancer for 10 years and she is still sorely missed.

5 things on today's to-do list. 1. nap...its cold in here. 2. laundry because I have been noticing a serious underwear deficiency. 3. dishes because I didn't touch them at all yesterday. 4. Maybe go to the hospital and see my cousins new beautiful baby girl.....unless it is too crowded. 5. Try to catch up on some paperwork for work.....I'm just behind by 6 months or so :-(

5 snacks I enjoy. 1. Cheetos...puffy or crunchy, I'm not picky. 2. cheddar cheese and crackers 3. Peppermint candy....always been my favorite. My grandma even got me a pair of peppermint candy earrings one Christmas. 4. Fruit, just about any kind. 5. Milk chocolate anything.

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire. 1. Superhubby and I would both quit our jobs, neither of us enjoy our jobs much at all. 2. Pay off all of our families homes...just so no one would have to worry about a mortgage in this financially screwed up time. 3. Would force SH to slow down and enjoy life a bit, no working all the time. He works all the time, even when he isn't at work. He WOULD stay home with me some or we would travel a bit together. 4. I would help DS figure out what he wants to do and pay for him to get the training to do it 5. I would make sure my parents could relax and travel and not have to worry about money at all. They both are retired but both work part time just to have extra money. They have enough to live on, but I want them to ENJOY their retirement and never have to worry about having the money to travel.

5 jobs I have had. 1. babysitter. I took care of some younger cousins in the summer once in a while while I was in high school. 2. Burger king 3. Volunteer at a nursing home 4. Volunteer at the museum. 5. Home health

5 people to pass this award on to...this one will come later...after the nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying again...
I really enjoyed 'getting to know you better!'

I'm sorry about your cousin!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed being a volunteer at a nursing home. What did you do.
Perhaps you can write a post about your experience
Susan Berg
http://activitiesdirector.blogspot.com