Sunday, January 21, 2007

snow day

Wow we woke up to a little ice and snow and the birds around here are hitting my feeder like its an all you can eat buffet bar. We have a little tiny red headed woodpecker that looks so funny after seeing those big old woodpeckers everywhere. I have been trying to get pictures of the birds but they are on high alert and I can not sneak up on them.
When I went to bed last night I told my son and his friends that no one was to go anywhere this morning until we saw if it really snowed and got icy overnight. I got up early and saw that it was slick and laid back down and dozed off about 10. At 10:30 the doorbell rang and guess who..one of my sons friends who had gotten up and snuck out after I fell asleep. His car was in the ditch at the bottom of the hill. He and Mike got it out with our 4 wheel drive and he parked it out of the road down there and walked back up. I love these boys, but they think they can do anything.

No comments: