Friday, May 23, 2008

WEEKEND....

It's the weekend...and a holiday weekend. SH and I both are off on Mondays anyway but he gets an extra day for holidays and I don't.....but that's ok because I only work 4 days a week anyway.
My hours are getting ready to be cut at work, not because of budget cuts or any problem, but one of my patients needs more specialized care than I am legally allowed to give. I'm not sure what I am going to do about that right now. I really need to find someone else to take care of along with the two I have now to make up the hours but since gas is completely ridiculous right now (4.19 a gallon today) I'm not sure what I am going to do. My hours at one job will be changed to evening hours too, which is going to be rough, next year will be DD's senior year and there are a lot of things we do in the evenings...and I don't want to miss that when it will be the last chance I will probably get. I know we will work out something for that job that works for all of us, it will just take some adjusting.
Now for a few pictures....
These two are now permanently outside. I wanted to get them trained for my son before he took them, but I don't have the time or the patience to house train them. They are great dogs, but I can't keep my white floor clean when they aren't in there so having them makes it completely impossible.







Just a few pictures from the last few weeks. I wanted to take DD's picture at this lake and we finally got the chance. What you can't tell is that it is about 38 degrees, very early (but we were traveling) and we were not happy. Maybe we will get the chance to visit this place again when it is warmer(-:


Awards day at school is always exciting. I took quite a few pictures of DD's many awards but this is the only one without her best friend....and I probably should check with her before I put her picture on here. Yes I scribbled out her first name and school name in the picture .... I am a very low tech person.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great Memorial day. We will, as we do every year, go to the longest running Memorial day parade in the United States, which runs right through the small town near us. I can not remember exactly how many years it has been running but I do know there are pictures on one web site with the 138th parade. I also found a site that says it was started in 1968 which is completely wrong because that doesn't add up. My Grandparents talked about going when they were young and they would be in their 90's if they were still alive....

1 comment:

kim-d said...

Oh, I can't even tell you how good it is to see pix of DD--that one at the lake is absolutely beautiful!!! What I'm really looking forward to is her senior pix. I was kinda thinking that maybe the K kids would send Auntie Kim prom pix like they did with the Homecoming pix, but my luck ran out. But nobody should feel bad about that. BWAHAHAHA! I love that girl of yours, Katy--ahhh, that smile! And I don't care what it is you have to do, you cannot work nights her senior year. This only happens once...well, I won't go on and on and on telling you what you already know. What you don't realize is, I'm gonna dump my dumb-a$$ed job and come move in with you guys for DD's senior year--how fun! Speak of job, I didn't go to mine this morning. Bad Kim. I'm probably gonna wander over there at some point this afternoon, but after that I'm gonna be available to IM whenever you can/want to...I miss you so much and when I don't get to talk to you regularly, I leave huge messages like this. So, we gotta get together at some point this weekend...