Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ho Hum

I don't have much to say but that has never stopped me from trying.....
The weekend was nice. SH had a few things to do for his little old ladies but he spent some extra time with us this weekend. We had been trying to decide what color to paint DD's room since Christmas but I just decided yesterday that she needed to figure it out and let us get it done. We spent an hour at the paint counter at Lowes and finally figured it out. Right now it is about half finished and if I were in there painting like I told SH I would do after work it would be about finished. I am making up excuses because I do not like to paint....at all. DD and her friend K went to town after school and they will be here soon....hopefully with the lasagna I asked them to pick me up on their way home....and I can't eat it if I have paint on my hands. RIGHT? I know someone out there invented soap, but why be wasteful and over use it when I can just read blogs until after I eat. Then I will only have to clean up once. The nap I got before I got on the computer was kind of nice too. I still have 5 hours until SH gets home from work so I should be able to paint;-) Does anyone have any guesses on the color(s) we used?
School is out in just a few days and the kids around here are really looking forward to it. This time of year always stresses them out and they look forward to a couple of months off. I looked up DD's grades a little bit ago and her lowest was a 98.12 in chemistry. If I got a 98 in anything I thought I was the luckiest kid alive....I'm not sure where she gets it, but she is a wonderful student. One more year of high school and I hope it will be the best year for her yet. Your senior year should be memorable.
I will update with a real update soon. I made the most wonderful cheesy broccoli soup the other day. I took pictures...I'll dig them out of the camera soon.

6 comments:

kim-d said...

Is it pink? Like hot pink? Yeah, the scarcity? Not so much :).

Kellan said...

Congrat's on DD's grades - WOW!!

My kids have almost 2 weeks left of school - can't wait!!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Kellan said...

Congrat's on DD's grades - WOW!!

My kids have almost 2 weeks left of school - can't wait!!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Kellan said...

Hi Katy - Hope you got all that painting done - and resting up now! Take care - Kellan

kim-d said...

Hey KatyKaty--where are the pix of DD's room--and how about some pix of DD? Nope, I don't ask for much, do I? :) I miss her very much, and you too. I'm around this weekend...you?

kimmy said...

I know...isn't that terrible? I am totally bummed out!

Have a good weekend!

Kimmy