Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My near death experience



Well maybe not death, but something close.


I went outside to let DS's puppies run around for awhile and when we they were running I noticed the cat playing with something in the front yard. When I went to see what she had I found out she was playing with one of these cute little things.



We have always had quite a few chipmunks playing around our house and they never bother anything, so they don't usually bother me at all. I decided I would distract the cat and let the poor thing go. He was playing cat games......lay down beside the chipmunk and watch it. When it decided to make a run for it the cat would pounce on it, bat it around a few times and then lay down again. It was going to make the poor chipmunks life miserable for whatever short time it had left. The chipmunk was laying on the ground very still but I could see it was breathing. I went up and started playing with the cat to give the poor chipmunk a chance and it jumped up and ran....RIGHT TO ME. Now picture me, a cat, a chipmunk and my sons 2 puppies running around the yard, me screaming like a big baby. This is the second time lately I have been glad my closest neighbors are down over the hill and can't see very much of what I am doing (the first time was a couple of weeks ago when a wasp got in my bra....not a pretty site.) The cute little chipmunk changed in a matter of seconds from cute to this..........

7 comments:

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

That is too funny! Love the picture of the chipmunk with the bazooka.

Anonymous said...

Was that one Chip or Dale?

katy said...

I'm pretty sure it was Alvin....I couldn't read the little letter on his sweater too well as I was running.

kimmy said...

I once got a bee in my bra when I was mowing the lawn. Good times! :)

Kimmy

Lanny said...

I can't stop laughing! Seriously!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Here's the deal...you come to my house and ooh and aah over how DIFFERENT the newest stain looks from the original concrete and I'll come to your house and convince your hubby that the dark green doesn't make him look manly enough. I'll ooh and ahh over how big his muscles would look in a light colored kitchen!

Deal?

Hallie :)

Ann Marie said...

LOL so glad I stopped by today..
It reminds me of the frog that jumped on my head. I screamed like a little girl AND ran and did the spider web dance across my back yard.. it was.. it was.. it was probably the silliest I ever looked in my life. but what great memories LOL

smooch