Saturday, December 27, 2008

Yesterday morning when I left for work the weather was cold, overcast and dry. By the time I got halfway to work it had started to rain a little, which was freezing on the roads as soon as it hit. I made it fine and it warmed up during the day and just rained. This picture was taken a few weeks ago during a quick snow clipper.


Today.....it is going to be 70 degrees and partly sunny. 70 degrees in December!
We are going to work on our after Christmas crash diets today. We are going to my mothers to celebrate with my brother and his family who came in from Indiana. We are having ham, mac and cheese, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, shrimp, sausage balls and about half a ton of various candies and cookies. I guess you are wondering about the diet part. My brother and his wife have a stomach virus.....a virus that seems to spread like a wild fire. So....I'm thinking there is no reason to try to eat a little less or lay off of the candy. I like to think of it as kind of stocking up on nourishment so I won't get too puny after a few days of the virus. HAHA....I could puke for a month and not get puny.
Anywho.....I received a new lens for my camera so I hope to be snapping pictures for the next few days while it is sunny outside.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and now lets start planning for New Years eve.

4 comments:

Lanny said...

I want snow! It was 68 degrees here last night around nine! Too hot! It's cold today though.

I hope you are spared from the stomach virus. Lolly has been sick for a few days. I'm crossing my fingers the rest of us don't get it. Yuck!

Mary Ellen said...

I like your idea of diet - and what a great plan to bulk up before the virus hits. Wish I'd thought of it!

kim-d said...

Katy!!! Katy!!! Katy!!! I miss you so freakin' much I can hardly stand it. I'll tell ya what, it totally throws me whenever I deviate from my routine. Between that crappy (literally) stomach virus and Christmas, I'm just all turned around. But I'm starting to emerge...just in time for the next quarter to start. OY! How are the K kids? And how is DS? I need to talk to you, bad...because, like I said before, I miss you. And I really appreciate all of your comments even when I was MIA; you're a true friend, and it was/is appreciated! I was SO EXCITE (two thumbs up)...hehehe... :)

Lanny said...

Happy New Year Katy! I hope this is a wonderful year for you and your family!