Monday, December 15, 2008

smoke gets in your eyes.

We went from snow, sleet and cold wind to 55 and sunny. SH decided it was time for the annual burning of the leaves. We have discovered over the years that since we live in the woods there is no reason to bother raking leaves until they are all down. The wind still blows them out of the deeper woods back into our yard, but for a couple of days our yard looks nice.
Do you see the house in the background? I actually have a next door neighbor! They recently finished their house and it looks nice if some idiot would quit covering it in ashes.

The sun was nice for a day but today we are back to rain which is supposed to turn to ice and snow tonight.

I hope everyone has a great week. I can't believe we are only 10 days away from Christmas. Where did the time go?

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I guess I'd better get started on the Christmas shopping, then.

Kellan said...

That second photo is very cool! I wish we could burn our leaves.

Have a good week - Kellan