Monday, June 16, 2008

Stormy weather

It's Sunday night, or actually Monday morning. It is 1:15 AM and I can not sleep. When I was a stay at home mom and never had to get up early, my body got tired about 2 AM and I woke up at 10 AM. That is normal for me and I have to take a lot of tylenol PM work hard to make myself get sleepy before that time. My job has changed a lot in the last few weeks and my body is going right back to "normal" time. Tuesday morning when I have to get up early I will regret allowing myself to go back to the good old days.
Right now I hear the rumble of distant thunder. I also hear rain drops starting to hit the roof. This sounds like a nice early summer storm that will blow over with only a little rain and wind.
Last week we had some miserable storms. The kind of storms that make you think about running to the basement and hiding under the pool table. I took this picture during one of the storms last week. I thought you would be able to tell how bad the wind was, but I was wrong. You will just have to take my word for it.


Tomorrow SH is starting on my car I bought about a year ago. It will be nice to have a vehicle that gets more than 10 gallons to the mile.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.....see you soon.

4 comments:

Kellan said...

We so need the rain here - we are headed into a serious drought! Hope you have a good Monday - see you soon -Kellan

kim-d said...

Hey you!!! I miss you again. Wanna try to make contact on AIM tomorrow afternoon/evening or whatever after my school meeting? EEEK! And why are you going to Maryland? Going to get a SMOOCH from Ann Marie (doesn't she live somewhere around there?) Anyway. Swing by and pick me up and then let's go to Monk's after. Okay? BWAHAHAHAHA. And bring DD and the other K girl. We'll have fun. We can all crank-call the K boys, and also SH. Aw, man--I'm getting punchy. Better go to bed. Tomorrow?

Kellan said...

Hey, Katy - thanks for coming by today! Hope you are having a good week. See you soon - Kellan

kimmy said...

We get some pretty good thunderstorms here in Maine too. I love how they cool things down once they pass through!

It was nice to see you blogging again!

Kimmy