Monday, February 12, 2007

Winter blahs

I seem to be stuck in the winter blah thing a little. I don't think it is as bad as it has been in the past. Our forecast calls for ice ice baby. Then snow on top of the ice. We live in a rural area with a rural electric company and ice means no electric. The last time we had an ice storm (which was on a Presidents day weekend 4 or 5 years ago) we lost electricity for 8 days. I am a country girl and being without electricity for a couple of days does not bother me. I can heat water for baths and dishes, cook on a wood stove or outdoor grill, we heat with electric, gas and wood so we always have heat. We have a bunch of cards, board games and puzzles put up for just an occasion such as this, but man it would be rough going without checking on my caringbridge kids and blog buddies ;-) I'm hoping that the news coming on in 5 minutes will be a little better. They were saying at first 2 inches of ice, then someone told me they changed it to half an inch of ice, which would be ok. I think our electric lines could handle half an inch. I am charging flashlights just in case.
My poor little doggy is still dragging around waiting on her puppies. She is 53 days pregnant and should have them next weekend or early next week. I can not imagine her walking around that long. She tried to jump up on the couch to cuddle with me and she has to wiggle back and forth 5 or 6 times to get enough momentum up to get up on the couch. Well I think I am going to go rub her belly a little while, which seems to help her relax because she always falls asleep when I do and then clean the dining room carpet.

2 comments:

kim-d said...

No wonder you have the winter blahs--ice ice baby will do that to ya every time! I'm usually pretty adaptable but I don't like all that ice, and I don't like no electricity. Being the anal, OCD person I am, it's just not...right. When one flips the switch, the lights are supposed to come on, and all that food in the freezer and fridge! Gee, I've really cheered you up, huh? HA! Like you, I cannot imagine no Caringbridge and no blogs...EEEEK! Plus, that's probably also when the babies would come :)! At least today we have sunshine, and it's not frigidly cold the way it was last week; but it ain't spring, either, and that's what we need! Well, I hope you're reading this! :)

kim-d said...

Oh, I've just gotta tell ya, that laying on the beach with a pink umbrella drink courtesy of Blue Cross sounds like HEAVEN!!! But, you're right, I will settle for the umbrella drink. Heck, right about now a Miller Lite will work..HA! Wow, like I said, I am used to a certain amount of pain and discomfort and it's been so long I don't always even notice it so much, but THIS is ridiculous. However, as with all things, this too shall pass! Thanks for hanging in there! Oh, and guess what? This morning in the local paper I read an article about a Mama cat that "adopted" a little Rottweiler puppy whose own Mama abandoned him. And the reason is, I guess, Mama dogs will reject the living puppies if one is stillborn. Had you ever heard that? Maybe that's what's up with Koko? Hmmmmmm...how are they all doing today? How are YOU?