Monday, November 10, 2008

Our trip to Amish country was nice. I had a great time and spent way too much money buying way too much stuff for my house....and my tummy. I came home with brick cheese, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, cheese spread, cheese ball, peanut butter spread (YUM), cinnamon butter and a huge zit beside my lip. It doesn't really show up in the picture like I thought it would and yes I know my hair is frizzy....it is my day off from work and I am not messing with it, or makeup.






I love to drive around and take pictures. These fodder shocks are everywhere in the fields. They don't use them as we do, for decoration, they use them for food for the animals and since they have to cut theirs and tie by hand it takes days.


The first day we were there it was overcast and rainy all day. We were driving by this farm around sunset and the sun peaked through the clouds with an orange glow. This is straight out of the camera other than cutting it down so my dial up doesn't die trying to upload it.




I don't take pictures of Amish people because they don't like to have their pictures taken. I do, however, take pictures of their farms if they aren't around.






These trees outside our hotel were gorgeous. We tried to find out what kind they were but no one seemed to know.
A trip to Amish country isn't really a trip until you eat here. It is an entire restaurant serving what I like to call comfort food......all white food covered in gravy. I got the salad bar. I really did and I ate a salad right before my turkey on homemade 2 inch thick white bread with mashed potatoes between the halves of the sandwich, all covered in gravy arrived at our table. When we got finished we waddled back to the hotel and I paced the parking lot for a couple of hours until I was able to lay down without throwing up. The next night the other people who went with us all went back but SH, DD and I decided one night being miserable was enough. The next trip I am getting the large mashed potato dinner that is covered with chicken noodles. I'm already planning(-;


2 comments:

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

more great pictures : )

someday I am going to spend some time in Amish country and not just drive through it.

kim-d said...

I need to come with you the next time you visit Amish country; I love me some gravy-covered carbs! Plus, I want to grow a third lip just like you--way to go, my friend! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Your pix are gorgeous; they could be postcards. I love those Amish farms...they always look so clean and perfect!

It sounds to me like you had a wonderful time and I want to have a wonderful time, too!!!