Monday, October 23, 2006

snow in October

Crap, it is only October 23 and I am staring out the window at snow flurries . I could have done without that for another month or two. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. We haven't had a bad winter for quite a few years and I am not looking forward to the next one, it will probably make up for the past few mild ones.
Monday being mine and my dear husbands day off we did what most married couples would do if they had the house to themselves all day on a cold yucky day, we tore apart and rebuilt our wood burning stove. I guess I should say my husband tore apart and rebuilt the woodburner and I held bolts and parts when he absolutely had to have help. I must say that I am blessed beyond imagination that I have a husband that can fix, build or make about anything if he puts his mind to it. I am only useful in those situations if he really needs someone to hold something or go get stuff and even then I usually get the wrong thing and he has to send me back a couple of times. My dad and my husband together make an awesome team. They both are hard workers.
Speaking of my dad, he turned 70 a few days ago. It is hard to believe my dad is 70....that sounds so old and he doesn't act old.
On the other hand, my daughter, whom I love more than life itself is 16....I remember 16, kind of. She is so wonderful, smart, beautiful...she has it all and I am so proud of her. I hope she continues to make smart choices in her life. She and I have always been able to talk about boys and stuff, but she is getting a little more secretive and I know it has to happen, but it worries me....I want everything for her because she deserves it!

No comments: